chocolate stuffed shortbread bear cookies
Cookies are a huge struggle for me. I can never seem to get them right. Yes, everyone always tell me the cookie is the easiest thing to make. But for me, it's really hard! They either spread out way too much, get way too burn, under cooked or they just don't look the way I want them to. Maybe I'm just a perfectionist? So, today I start with rolled cookie. I guess start with something simple, right? A while ago, I had bookmarked this recipe a long time ago but never really got around to making them. They were super cute little doggy cookies but I wasn't sure on the taste. So, I found another one that seemed more promising so I'm using that recipe instead. So, here I go! May I make successful cookies!
For the cookies (makes about 16 cookies):
230 g unsalted butter, room temperature
65 g icing sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
280 g flour
2 tablespoons cornstarch
Hershey's Kisses or any chocolate on hand
ears : flat circular chocolate cereal or you can even use big chocolate buttons
eyes : chocolate sprinkles
nose : chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl, add butter, powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth and creamy.
2. Sift in the flour and cornstarch. Mix to combine. Don't worry! It should look crumbly!
3. Use your hands and pack the dough together to make a ball.
4. Place cookie dough into fridge for 15 minutes to chill the dough.
5. Take a piece of cookie dough, flatten it into a circle and wrap around one Hershey's chocolate. If you took too much cookie dough (like me here), just take off the excess. There should be enough dough to just wrap around the chocolate.
6. Roll into a ball.
6. Decorate with the cereal for ears. Sprinkles for eyes. Chocolate chips for nose.
7. Bake at 180°C for 10 - 12 minutes or until golden on the edges.